Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What a Wonderful World

As some have noticed, it's been a while since my last update. I've been busy working on that software I said would take a week to write. I wasn't certain how interesting it would be to describe the details of designing/writing it would be, hence the lack of updates. It has been a significant undertaking, and will probably end up being one of the more useful pieces of software I've ever written. My best estimate is that I've got close to 400 hours of design/development in it now.

Last week I reached the one-year anniversary of my move here from Virginia. I had high hopes of going on here about what I've learned, what I've accomplished and what I hope to be when I grow up. Instead, the day came and went. I am glad that I came here, and at least accomplished what I originally set out to do. And I am satisfied that I've met others who have done the same thing. I believe that twenty-years from now I will look back on this time and still feel I moved forward in life.

Before I go on to watch the Daily Show recap of today's election results, I thought I would drop in and give an update. I just finished watching the end of Meet Joe Black. Every time I watch the movie I smile, laugh out loud and cry -- and I appreciate it more. It's quite beautiful really. I love listening to Jeffrey Tambor describe love to Death, Sir Anthony Hopkins expressing his contentment with his life, and Marcia Gay Harden expressing her love to her father. All that acting, and I can watch Claire Forlani too.

See, I'm running low on material. I haven't posted in three weeks now? Four? And all I've got is I watched a movie. At least it was a good one.

2 comments:

JamesF said...

I've been busy working on that software I said would take a week to write.

...

My best estimate is that I've got close to 400 hours of design/development in it now.

Remind me not to ask you to provide estimates for any of my ROMs.

mattfite said...

james: i was only off by an order of magnitude... it's not my fault -- it was requirements creep.

don: i shall see you this weekend.