Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Old Friends

Two Sundays ago, I took the day off to go to Camp Hope. It was an opportunity to visit my friend Don who returned to volunteer in St. Bernard Parish as well as Emily and Crystal who work at the camp. It was a reunion of sorts. After a tour of the camp, we went to breakfast and swapped war stories about our respective service organizations.

Seeing them was like seeing family. It grounds me. I'm lucky to have met such wonderful people who share such a common vision.

Later the same week, I ran into friends from college. A close friend as a matter of fact, and her sister. It amazes me how old friends can pick up a conversation as though it hasn't been fifteen years since they last talked. Although I only spent a few minutes with them, it was so meaningful for the same reason. Maybe it's just me, but occasionally i find it reassuring to have my perspective and approach validated by others that I trust. I think it's taken me a long time to even get to the point that I can admit that.

I believe I have some new opportunities unfolding, and it is a quite exciting time. I'm grateful that I was able to spend time with people I love because it helps me make better decisions. Thank you.

No comments: