Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Meet my replacements

When I arrived last year, one other AmeriCorps and I started on the same day. Terrell worked with Lynn as a volunteer coordinator, and I worked with the construction staff. Over the past month, seven new AmeriCorps volunteers have joined our affiliate to work in construction, family services and volunteer coordination. It's pretty diverse group: some young, some more mature, but all eager and bright-eyed. This is in addition to the ten AmeriCorps NCCC that are working with us for six weeks.

Our last day with the affiliate is scheduled for August 25 (week ending 8/27). I think we will leave the affiliate in better (certainly more) hands that what we provided. Given that there are still 30-ish houses to build this year (approximately twice as many as was built last year, and half-again more than we've already built this year), someone's work is still cut out for them.

3 comments:

Mark Lundquist said...

So, what's the next step for you?

mattfite said...

stay tuned.

mattfite said...

rest assured that i will unveil my plans for world domination here. and if angela is indeed my dear sister, and not some clever imposter - then happy belated birthday to you.