Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You can't make this stuff up

Monday morning, I sent over one-hundred volunteers to an area where the St. Bernard Fire Department had responded to a fire. This afternoon, as I was waiting for nearly three-hundred volunteers to return from a long day of house-gutting, a fire broke out across from Camp Premier. This week, I've taken a break from gutting houses, and I'm trying to help the four Habitat volunteers who have coordinated us for the past three weeks by sharing some of their responsibilities. It's been a logistical nightmare scheduling resources with FEMA and planning for the hundreds of volunteers who have wanted to come help. But, we're getting better every day.

I've tried to keep my emotion and political leaning out of this, and just relay the experience as much as possible. I know this isn't a late-breaking news site, but this is too hard not to share:
Video Shows Bush Heard Dire Warnings Ahead of Katrina.

No comments: