Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My New Home

I arrived in San Diego on Saturday and I feel much better -- thank you for asking. I appreciate the comments and emails about my health -- and yes, I do realize that smoking does not seem to lessen the effects of pneumonia. I also realize that it may have been a contributor to my poor health.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one has ever considered me the wisest person they've ever met.

Regardless, I made it unscathed. well, except for the pneumonia thing. But that's so last week.

So, I'm nearing the end of my second day of work -- and I'm really enjoying it. Once I have a better grasp of things here, I'll let you know what I'm doing at my new job.

'anyway' was to be a blog about one person's efforts to help in the gulf region and possibly the story of a life that went from engineering to a life of service. It was intended to have a definite perspective. Well, while I digest the effects of the last year on my psyche -- I'd be interested to know your opinion on this blog, and what I should do with it. The only reason I attempted blogging is that I thought I had a unique POV. I don't know if I have that anymore. Your comments or emails are welcome.

5 comments:

JamesF said...

Hmmm, if you need to have a unique perspective or a unique voice in order to maintain a blog, I should just delete mine right now.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't continue to update. In fact, you could say that you will be able to look at events transpiring now through the unique point of view of someone who has done the community service apsect.

Besides, how else am I going to keep up with what you're up to every 30 days or so.

JamesF said...

P.S. Let's see some pictures of your new crib / locale.

Stalkers are interested in this information.

Chandle said...

You have to keep updating. Your perspective continues to be unique. As a stalker, I concur, pictures of your new house would be great, not to mention your new wheels.

mattfite said...

to the stalkers that have shown interest: i will continue to update. and i will attempt to do so with greater periodicity than indicated by james.

please bear with me as i don't yet have internet at home, and i don't like the idea of updating at work.

thank you for your encouragement.

Scott said...

Jamesf should definitely delete his blog right now. <grin>

Keep going, Matt. It's good to keep in touch.