Friday, February 09, 2007

Phase II

So, it appears some time has passed since my last post. In that time, I've turned down two jobs with Habitat for Humanity and I said goodbye to my former employer, ArgonST. At this moment, I am heading west to San Diego where I'll be working with a friend I've made in the last year. Although I've visited the West Coast several times, I've never lived there -- so this is an exciting time for me.

What's makes it more exciting is that yesterday when I stopped at an Emergency Room in Deming, New Mexico, the doctor informed me the reason I'm having chills, fever and coughing is because I have pneumonia. Based on yesterday's temperature, and the degree of the chills I was having -- I extrapolate that the fever I was running on Tuesday was at least 159 degrees.

Now, several shots and a few antibiotics later, I don't cough every 30 seconds and I generally feel much better.

Because I am currently unemployed, I have no health coverage. Let's just say in the 21 months leading up to the presidential election, I will support those candidates that promise to provide some type of universal health coverage.

2 comments:

JamesF said...

An update! Apparently it takes almost arriving on death's door for you to inform us what's going on.

On that note, really sorry to hear about having pneumonia. Hope you get better soon. And I hope you're at least resting somewhere and still not driving across the country.

So how much does an emergency room visit run these days?

mattfite said...

thank you for the wishes. i did continue on however and arrived on saturday. in fact, i think i'll write that in an update.

i'm not certain how much the visit runs. they asked me to leave them a healthy deposit -- but i had the presence of mind to inform the doctor that he should keep his services on the cheap. when they talked about a 'finding me a bed' i told him they should consider that i had no health coverage. it seems i was released not too much later...