Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Spring Build Season

I guess things are really ramping up.

This year Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge built about 20 houses in three parishes (including the 4 that were built during this last blitz). We really are trying to grow, because we are starting 20 houses in the first half of 2006.

March
  • 1 Catholic Build (8 week)
  • 2 Youth Build (3 week) - Valley Park/Wells St
  • 1 Greek Build (1 week) - Cross Creek
April
  • 1 Exxon/Mobil Build (4 week)
  • 1 Thrivent Build (4 week) - Faith Court
May
  • 4 West Side Build (1 week)
  • 4 Buffini Build (1 week)
June
  • 6 Home Builder Blitz (1 week)
If you add that all up, it should be 20. I'll edit this post as I learn the streets and locations of the builds. The good news is that we've been approved for more staff - so observant types should recognize that we have our work cut out for us. I don't mind mentioning that I'm more than a little afraid, but we've had a lot of willing support and I'm confident that we'll get more. I sure hope to see some of our new friends back...

No comments: