Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Back to Fountain Drive



Fountain Drive is the home of our four houses from the blitz build. If I tell you a little secret, please don't spread it around - we didn't quite finish all of the houses. So, today a group of volunteers from Philip Morris, USA came as part of their Southwest Regional Manager's Meeting. They're having a three-day offsite/conference here in the lovely Red Stick and about forty of their sales force came to help us finish these houses on Fountain.

The cool part of today is that I had a Gwen & Naka moment. I led four separate siding teams (all at once) to finish the siding on two houses. Gwen & Naka were my two incredible task leaders in Kauai where I worked on a Global Village Build in September, and they're two of the reasons I came to do what I'm doing. I want to be like them when I grow up.

Anyway, about half of the group wanted to work on siding (who can blame them when we had painting to do inside?) I think I was successful bluffing my way through and letting them think I knew what I was talking about, and we finished the siding (and most of the soffit) on the remaining two houses! Thank you for the help!

(You really can't take photos of a build without taking one of someone using a miter saw...)

Oh, and I wasn't sure we were on Fountain until about 1:30 today, when it started raining. Then I knew we were back.

No comments: