Sunday, January 08, 2006

Dedications and Upcoming Year

I'm quite excited about the new year. It's started off very well with Saturday's dedications and I've been recently inspired about ways to improve this site.




First, we dedicated five houses on Saturday on Faith Court. Faith Court is a street in Baton Rouge that this Habitat affiliate created by joining two dead-end roads. There are now thirteen total houses at this location and we'll begin building the final two in March.

The new home owners took part in a ceremony where they were presented with keys, house warming items, flowers and prayer. The houses were dedicated and many from the community showed up this last day to take part in fellowship and welcome these new house owners into their new homes. We couldn't have asked for better weather or a better day.

Here are two of our home owners, Omeshia (left) and Yolanda, pictured after the dedication ceremony.
Ok, as I mentioned I'm excited about this year. I've got a few trips planned and a mystery guest coming to visit. No, I'm not talking about celebrities and it's not a trip to Cannes or the Academy Awards, but it's exciting to me. In a few weeks I'll be broadcasting live from another location in the gulf and later this spring I hope to report that a special group of volunteers I've encouraged will be coming to help. This should all lead up to the mid-summer big event!

No comments: