Friday, November 11, 2005

The last two days have been exciting. Friday, I worked with my first group of volunteers from a Methodist church in Denham Springs. They turned out to help Cindy, the homeowner, with her house. I met her, and was immediately inspired by her. Working with a group of twenty-seven volunteers was a bit overwhelming at first, people were asking me for guidance!!!

Today, I met Estelle, the homeowner in Port Allen. Again, a lovely, deserving woman with a wonderful story. Not nearly as many volunteers showed up as yesterday, but the ones that did worked hard to compensate.

This post will be brief, but I wanted to share this - I have worked five days this week, and every day at least one person (often more) tells me "thank you". It's really nice to be in this kind of environment. I think this is the reward, and it really is worth it.

No comments: