Monday, November 28, 2005

As I was recently reminded I haven't updated in a while. We spent all last week preparing for our six day blitz build as part of Operation Home Delivery. We began framing the first house last Monday and made it look good for the television cameras.





This house is being built for Traemel Day, a New Orleans resident who has been displaced to Baton Rouge. She's a great cook (she made us a wonderful cake for Thanksgiving) and has shown up everyday on site. She's now also a celebrity, having been featured on the Today Show by anchor and correspondent Natalie Morales.






I've got more photos of the build that I will put up once this thing is done, but here are a couple of where we started and where we ended yesterday.





Finally, here's most of the construction crew - Mike, Cory and myself.
This photo was taken after our Thanksgiving lunch and we're accompanied by Lynn Clark. Lynn, our Development Director, is in charge of our public outreach and is a wonderful woman. In fact, I really like having my photo taken with her, see...

She too is a television celebrity now, as she was interviewed by several television stations during our media blitz last Monday.

No comments: